Sunday, December 30, 2007

Emergency room

I just got home from the emergency room with Meghan. She has been sick since Thursday. She was suppose to work Thursday night from 8:00pm to 4:00 am. She got up to get ready for work and started throwing up. She hasn't been able to keep anything down so we switched to Pedialite. I was suppose to close tonight so I was at work. Meghan called me and she still couldn't keep anything down so I left work and took her to the emergency room. They had to give her an IV because she was so dehydrated. I thought they would have to hold her down because she is so terrified of needles but it wasn't too bad. She held Bre's hand and I think there may have been a couple of tears. They also gave her some medicine to stop the throwing up. She is looking a lot better. She is only allowed clear liquids for the next 24 hours and then we will see if she can handle solid foods. She has lost quite a bit of weight too so she isn't too happy about that either. I am hoping nobody else gets sick!

3 comments:

Lia said...

Oh my goodness!!! Is Meghan feeling any better yet? Do the doctors know why she was sick?

The Herbst Family said...

They did a bunch of tests and they think it is the stomach flu. She is on Gatorade and Pedialite for 24hours and then she can start on solids. Once she can eat again, it will be high calorie foods to put the weight back on.

Laurie & Terry Groth said...

Tell Meghan we hope she feels better real quick. It's miserable being sick! Tell her LOTS of yummy shakes, made by her brother and sister's, served up on a silver tray!! ;)